I got an email this week from a former coworker at FOX 7. She's decided to move on from the station and from the business. It's a very exciting opportunity for her, and I wish her all the best.
In that email, she commented how the job just wasn't challenging and with that missing, it's so easy to lose interest and get depressed. Her words made me think.
My job doesn't have to be the sole challenge in my life and right now that is definitely the case. It's just a matter of getting in the frame of mind that I'm challenging myself outside of work.
Right now I'm challenging myself to get involved. Yesterday was my last training for the Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center. Tuesday I have my exit interview and starting next month I'll be working as an advocate for victims of sexual assault.
The training was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot about myself and a serious issue that, unfortunately, is ignored in our society. It was three full Saturdays sitting around with about 15 other women learning how to answer the hot line and answer calls to the hospital. This meant I had to switch my work schedule. For the last three weeks I've only had Tuesdays off. But I think it was worth it and I'm excited to start volunteering, give myself a new challenge, but more importantly, give back.
No comments:
Post a Comment