12.02.2008

Making Your Own Holidays

my Thanksgiving Vacation is almost over. I had to work Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, but I decided to use my final two paid days off to come home for four days. It worked out nicely. I got time and half for working the two holidays and have been able to relax ever since.

I got to spend time with Connor which is always wonderful. I've been home every month since he was born, which was my goal.

Today is also Mom's birthday. For the first time in years I didn't have to mail her gift. We went out to dinner yesterday too.

Last night it snowed, just enough to cover the ground. My favorite part of being home. If it snowed like this where I lived, the world would shut down, but here they just plow the roads and life continues as normal. It's going to be depressing going back to where it's not white.

I also got some Christmas shopping done. I only have two more gifts to buy and few other gifts to buy the final parts.

It all makes me enjoy the holidays, even though I don't get them. I won't be home for Christmas, but I am going to fly back the Monday and Tuesday before Christmas. So only a few weeks and Christmas is here, then I get New Year's off, with Greg!

Life is good!

No comments: