8.17.2009

Happy Birthday Connor!

This weekend I went to my very first, first Birthday party. It's amazing it's been a year, but Connor is now one year old. Let me tell you he had a blast at his party. Connor is very lucky to have not only two parents who love him and spoil him rotten, but dozens of other family members who will do the same. I'm sure a lot of that is going to change once his little brother is born in a few months, or we'll all learn to split the love.
Connor wasn't sure how to take the singing and cake, but he really enjoyed his first taste.
Though it's hard to believe he's already one, it's even more hard to believe our family is back to having birthday parties. They are those simple life events that come and go without much thought, but are wonderful memories from my childhood. Everyone gathering together in the backyard just to sit, catch up, play and enjoy cake and ice cream. Our family hasn't hosted a birthday party for nearly 10 years. Now my sister is hosting one for her child.
For the next 18 plus year her backyard will be full of family catching up and enjoying cake and ice cream.

I hope I can be there for each and every one.

No comments: