12.06.2011

A little bit of hope

With just one minor set back on the painting I've started in the bathroom and kitchen, it's been a few days filled with good news for our home renovations.




First, the dining room, where, for several hundred dollars (cheaper than carpet) River City Flooring came in and did a spectacular job getting all the nasty white paint off the floor.




Before





After
The twall wallpaper will remain. There are plans to replace the light and the drapes, put in an area rug and buy a china cabinet, but honestly at this point it's the prettiest looking room in the home thus far, so this will be the look for some time to come.

The walls in the kitchen, bathroom and foyer have gone for disaster to outstanding in just a week with some professional help. I still need to finish the painting and had some issues in the bathroom that the painters are coming to fix, but all that should be complete by the beginning of the year.

Wednesday we get the carpet installed in the living room.

And the best news of all, the inspector is going to have someone come in to fix our roof free of charge and reimburse us for half of the cost of the squirrels. Makes me feel like we're back on the track I set when we bought the house.

My new deadline is our honeymoon. I want to get everything I set out to do back in October complete by then so we can return from a week in tropical paradise and "start" our marriage without house repairs.

Here's hoping!

No comments: