Mom and Dad are visiting for the weekend (my weekend) and I'm exhausted, in a good way of course.
They got in last night. I showed them around the station and they watched a portion of the newscast before we came back to my apartment. I took them to dinner at the Regatta, which I had never been to either. We sat outside by the water and ate. It was nice.
Today Dad bought Mom and I facials and massages at a nearby salon. This was wonderful. It's actually one of the best facials I've ever had. I'm pretty sure my skin is glowing. HA! After, I showed them around the city and we had dinner at Sal's.
Right now Daisy and I are having a slumber party with Chamois...who is completely on edge...because my parents left her at my apartment while they stay at the hotel. She doesn't understand where she is or why they're not here.
It's nice to have Mom and Dad here for a few days. It's a great way to spend the weekend and gives them an idea of what my life is like when I talk about places I'm going or things I am doing. I also get to explore parts of the city I haven't seen yet either.
Tomorrow we have a very busy day planned, but I'm very excited. In the morning Mom and I are going to the Farmer's Market, then running some errands to get a present for the baby. After we're going to Woodford Reserve for a tour and lunch. I've never been and am interested to see what it's like. Tomorrow night is the Grand Finale...the Lexington Legends vs. the Lake County Captains game. (The real reason they came to town.) Like I said, very busy.
Once they leave, it's back to work Wednesday. Every week has it's own mood and the past few have been exhausting. I hope this week is a change because I won't get much personal time..time I like to recuperate from work...next weekend either.
Greg has Tuesday off and has some sort of activity planned in Cincinnati. An "adventure" if you will. It's some much needed time together. Things have been difficult for us lately. Mostly the distance and the lack of quality time to even talk on the phone. The hardest part of it is I love what we have. I am so proud of us for pursuing our individual goals and sticking together, even though we're not in the same city or working the same hours or schedules. But exactly what I love is exactly what I hate. Our worlds are so separate it drives me nuts, and I, in turn, drive him nuts. It's such a fine line we walk everyday. 99 percent of the time things are wonderful when we're together, but when we're apart, it takes a lot of work, work added to the daily stresses of jobs and life. It will be a joy to put all those worries behind us for a day and have a whole 24 hours just to ourselves. A rare occurrence in our world. One day, I hope we can have a more normal relationship that is unbreakable thanks to all that we are dealing with and working through now.
After next weekend, the baby should be here, so I will spend that time plus a day at home. That will be worth the trip though. I can't wait for my niece or nephew to get here, to meet him and her.
So there's not much rest happening during the month of August, but there's a lot of fun things happening, which will hopefully even things out.
No comments:
Post a Comment