Despite a very stressful week, I actually found some time this week to enjoy myself. I guess you just have to focus on the little things, because that's about all I have time for anymore.
First, I pulled out Grandma's hand grinder to make some ham salad just like she used to.
It turned out wonderful and it took me back to the days of staying and her house and helping her cook. It made me very happy and gave me some delicious food.
Saturday after work Greg came to town and we went out to a piano bar in town for Amanda Hara's going away party. She got a job and a very good station in Nashville, so of course, everyone gathered to celebrate. I enjoy the piano bar because it allows me to sing obnoxiously at the top of my lungs.
I'm not sure everyone around me enjoys it, but I don't really care. I also invited Stephenie to join us. She is trying to "branch out" in her own life, so I thought what better opportunity than inviting her to hang out with a bunch of TV people. Stephenie works for the Courier Journal covering Frankfort. She and I went to college together and reconnected when I moved to Lexington. 
I planned to hold a mini Superbowl party Sunday because I was off work. Unfortunately, off work doesn't mean much and I got called in at 8:15 when the person who asked to switch shifts with me so they could get off work early and I could have the day off called in sick. I was speechless, but like the good employee I am, I came in. It wasn't awful. Taylor and I did a story about people cleaning up from the storm and there was no 6 show because of the game so I was home in time to cook everything I planned. I made pork in the crock pot and turned it into BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, Turkey club pizza, yogurt parfaits and my favorite, guacamole. It all turned out delicious. Greg and I enjoyed the feast then I fell asleep after halftime.
It was my idea of the prefect Superbowl party.
First, I pulled out Grandma's hand grinder to make some ham salad just like she used to.
Saturday after work Greg came to town and we went out to a piano bar in town for Amanda Hara's going away party. She got a job and a very good station in Nashville, so of course, everyone gathered to celebrate. I enjoy the piano bar because it allows me to sing obnoxiously at the top of my lungs.
I planned to hold a mini Superbowl party Sunday because I was off work. Unfortunately, off work doesn't mean much and I got called in at 8:15 when the person who asked to switch shifts with me so they could get off work early and I could have the day off called in sick. I was speechless, but like the good employee I am, I came in. It wasn't awful. Taylor and I did a story about people cleaning up from the storm and there was no 6 show because of the game so I was home in time to cook everything I planned. I made pork in the crock pot and turned it into BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, Turkey club pizza, yogurt parfaits and my favorite, guacamole. It all turned out delicious. Greg and I enjoyed the feast then I fell asleep after halftime.
No comments:
Post a Comment