I don't know if I've always been this way. I don't think so, but I have become a planner. It gets on Greg's last nerve, because he is not. It's one of the few things that gets me through tough days. It's getting tougher. Lately, work has been ruling my life. At the last minute my schedule changes, I get called in, etc. It's part of the business, so I'm learning to work around it. It will not stop me from scheduling events in the future and doing everything I can to not get screwed out of going.
It's usually trips I plan. Currently I have a few in the works. The biggest, Jamaica in June. Christy and Nick are getting married in Montego Bay and Greg and I booked our trip there today. I am most excited to be there for their big day. I knew Christy before she knew Nick. I remember the first night they were set up by Nick's sister in law and all that followed. I am so happy for both of them. Secondly, I get to go to Jamaica!!
There wasn't a ton of planning I had to do with the trip. Christy got a travel agent and I worked through her to get a discount. Next I get to plan clothes, wedding presents and a budget. It will give me six months of endless planning.
Before Jamaica, we will be going to St. Louis. I got Greg Cubs/Cards tickets for Christmas. Greg's sister got the same gift for her husband Todd, so the four of us will be spending a short weekend in St. Louis in April. Both Greg and Todd are big Cardinals fans so we plan to get to the game early, watch batting practice and soak it all up. We're also planning on doing some touristy stuff too. That means going up in the arch. Both Greg and I haven't been up in the arch since we were kids, even though this will be the third time in three years I've visited St. Louis. The trip to Jamaica may even help with the one to St. Louis. It's costing us a total of two thousand dollars to go and I put the whole thing on my credit card to get rewards points. I think it may get me a 50 dollar voucher to a hotel, which I will use towards the weekend in April. That makes me very happy. It also gives me endless wasted hours on the computer looking up hotels.
I've already got a trip planned in three weeks back to Evansville with Greg. The main point is wedding dress shopping with Christy which I can't wait.
On a smaller level, I think I may throw myself a Superbowl party. Last year, Greg worked weekends and while he was at work I cooked chicken wings and deviled eggs and other snacks that we enjoyed while he watched the game and I tried to change the channel. I think I may do the same this year. I was watching Martha Stewart today and they were cooking football food. I found a great recipe or pulled pork in the crock pot and guacamole using a mortar and pestle. I really just want to cook and the football game is a good excuse. Plus, I am actually off that day because we air the game and there is only an 11 show. We'll see. I am thinking of inviting people over, but my apartment and TV are so small, I'm not sure how well it will work out.
Those are all my plans so far. I guess I'm just obsessed with it because it gives me something to look forward too. It gives me something to do to waste my time and planning trips and get togethers always pay off in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment