Greg and I spent a wonderful weekend in Evansville last week. We made plans in January to visit. I was hoping I'd be off weekends by mid-February, but am not so lucky so I took two vacations day and Greg used a comp day to go. We got in town Thursday night and stayed until Sunday night.
My main purpose for going was wedding dress shopping with Christy. She is getting married in Jamaica in July. The older I get the more annoying wedding dress shopping gets. Everything is so gaudy and annoying. Especially for Christy, who needs something simple and inexpensive because she's having a destination wedding. She did find two options that could work. It was nice to be there to look with her and Greg and I have already booked our trip to attend. I can't wait.
We had a really great time visiting with everyone.
We went out Friday and Saturday nights, caught up with most of our friends, Greg's family and even got some time together to see an afternoon movie.
The whole trip was a reminder how lucky we both are to have great families and great friends. It's the one thing I will always love about Evansville. Everyone is so real. So many times, especially in our business, people can be so pretentious. It's not that way in Evansville. Everyone is welcoming and friendly and always fun to spend time with. It makes our trips back so refreshing. I hope everyone there knows how much they mean to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment