3.01.2009

Blast from the Past

Tonight after a long day at work I went to see Mama Mia at the Opera House with three of my coworkers. They wanted to see it because they love the movie and the story. My motivation was different. I hadn't seen it before or ever had much urge to, but I wanted to go to the theater to see a musical. It's been awhile.

The last show I saw was Spamalot two years ago when Greg and I were in New York City. Before that, I think was college. Brett and I went to Columbus around New Year's 2005 to see the Producers.

I used to love seeing shows. I went through this phase in high school when I would go see anything and everything. Whether it was Cleveland, NYC or anywhere else, I would go.

I never was much of an actor after I got out of elementary school. When I was really young I took acting classes and performed in some shows. I would say my most prized role was as the Caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland the musical when I was in 4th grade. I'm sure Mom and Dad still have the VHS copy. My solo rendition of "A-E-I-O-U" is something to see.

Mama Mia turned out to be a wonderful show and it was nice to reconnect with a hobby I used to do so often.

While we're on the topic of the past, I got a wonderful surprise tonight that reaffirms the joys of Facebook. An old friend from college found me on there. I couldn't believe it. I honestly had been searching for her for years. She's probably my one friend from OU I was sad that I had lost touch with.

She was actually probably my first friend in college. We were in orientation together, worked at the TV station together, went through our first summer on campus together. We had many classes together, were even accused of cheating together (which both of us were shocked at because it's not something we would ever do). I even remember when she went on her first few dates with her now husband.

We ran in different crowds so we probably didn't fit the typical friend role, but I am so happy that she found me on facebook and we can keep in touch.

No comments: