Spring and summer are my favorite times in Kentucky. Most people who live here say that. Everything is so green and that makes it a wonderful time to get outside. No matter how tired or warn out I may be, the green grass and trees will always pull me outside to at least take a short walk. It's also inspired me to take part creating a little of my own green.
I planted a patio garden yesterday. I got a few window boxes and made a herb/vegetable garden. Rosemary, basil, dill, cilantro, tomato, and green pepper. I'm also trying to grow spinach, butter lettuce and sugar snap peas from seed. We'll see how that goes. Growing from seed makes me nervous, but conditions here are usually really good for it.
Now I have to do some research to find some recipes to use all the herbs once they are ready to harvest. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment