I have a problem with eavesdropping. It's probably not a good habit to have, but no matter where I am I can't help but get distracted with what others are talking about. Greg gets annoyed with it often. I'm especially bad when I'm in restaurants and I become more interested in the conversations around me than the one I'm having.
I think part of the reason for my problem is because I'm a reporter. My job is to observe, listen and gather information. I can't just turn those skills off. They're always going.
The other reason is many times eavesdropping will undoubtedly put a smile on my face.
Today as I was walking to the checkout line in Target I passed a young girl, no more than 8 years old and a man I can only assume was her father. As they walked in the child's clothing section the man asked the little girl "Don't you ever get tired of shopping for clothes?" I laughed to myself as I walked by. How wonderful. The answer of course is no and the joy of shopping for clothes will only get worse as she grows old.
It was a simple moment that may not have been amusing to others, but to me it was reminder of the many little joys in life.
2 comments:
Did you get the popcorn special? Also, here is some good advice: Don't ever go to Target wearing khakis and a red polo.
No. It was 8:30 in the morning...too early for the popcorn special ;)
Post a Comment