I know how lucky I am to have so many friends in so many places, but I am exhausted. It's truly draining driving circles around the Midwest every weekend.
Last weekend, I drove to Louisville Friday night to drop Daisy off at Greg's, got up Saturday and drove to Cincinnati to go out with Lindsay and Alyson for the night, got up Sunday, drove back to Lexington, had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner with Greg and was asleep by 8:30 to get up at 3 a.m. to be in work at 4.
That's about average. I worked all week, headed to Louisville Friday, picked up Greg from work, drove to Evansville and stayed for a few days before coming back Sunday night, then getting up at 6 a.m. to drive back to Lexington to be at work at 9 a.m.
It's exhausting just writing it. The hardest part is I love everything I do and visiting everyone I do. I just wish I could eliminate some of the traveling. It's getting to the point where it takes away all my energy during the week. Because I feel like I get no time at home during my days off, I spend the few hours during the week I am at home vegging out. Needless to say, some much needed errands get put off for days, or even weeks because I am overcome with laziness during my weeknights.
The semi-good news is, I should get a break for a few weeks. Greg has to go back to working weekends. We hope it's only for a short time, but it will give us both a chance to spend our weekends at home because the other will be at work. We won't feel the need to travel somewhere or do something.
I just feel like it would be so wonderful to take all the friends I've collected in the many cities I've lived in over the years, put them with my family, Greg and his family and the people closest to him and we could all live in one place.
A girl can dream, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment