2.23.2010

Walk Towards the Light

I felt really off as I left work tonight. I did leave a little early, no more than 30 minutes, to back out some overtime hours, but that had nothing to do with it. It was the light. It looked the same outside when I left work as it did when I showed up at 9 a.m. It's the light. It is light outside when I leave work now and it's amazing.

It made me feel, as I was walking to the car, that I shouldn't go home, that I needed to do something, go somewhere. It made me feel like the day wasn't done. That's how I feel when I leave work at 6:30 and it's pitch black outside. On those days, I go home eat dinner, watch TV, scan the Internet and go to bed. I feel like there is no time to do anything besides relax.

I'm hoping the light will help me get things done. I need that badly right now, because I feel like I'm lacking focus, at work, at home. Maybe it is the time change that does it.

I blame some of it on my DVR. As I was driving home in the car tonight listening to a story on NPR a certain line that got my attention and I realized I wasn't listening to what they were saying and I got the urge to rewind to see what I missed. I do it when I'm watching TV without a DVR. Something will catch my ear, but I don't know what came before and I want to rewind. I think it's seeping into the rest of my life. I only pay attention half the time, thinking when I do want to pay attention I can just rewind to catch what I missed. It's not working well.

No comments: