I think that is for the best. It's really given me a new outlook on my current career and makes me believe this is where I am meant to be. Working as a news reporter is not always a prefect job, but at this point I have to believe it's perfect for me. That means it's up to me to make the best of it.
Fifty percent of the reason I wanted to take the chance was to move in a different direction in my personal life. Greg and I have been together more than three years. Two and a half of those we have been living in different cities. I've had enough of that and he has too. I thought the solution was to find a new job to be in the same city. Now, after the long process of job interviews, I've realized that I can do whatever I want. I don't need to rely on someone else to make what I want to happen, happen. I know what I want in life and I can make I can find a way to have it.
The process made me realize I have a very good job right now. I have good hours, good benefits. I work with good people. It's so easy to think of what could be better rather than looking at what is good. Of course I do want to grow in my career and I will not stop looking for those opportunities that help me grow, but in the meantime, I will make the best of what I have and what I don't have, I will find a way to get, no matter what.
All of it makes me feel like I'm officially moving into adulthood. I talk with friends from college who appear to be going through the same feelings and the same events. I guess your late 20s is the time move from "life after college" to "life as an adult". I'm loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment