3.30.2011

Doing Well

Apparently, I'm doing an okay job in life. Yesterday I got three Kentucky Associated Press nominations. One for continuing coverage of the search for an escaped federal inmate, another for public affairs reporting on a story about cars being towed an hour before a snow emergency ended in Lexington and....drum roll please...best reporter. Yes, I've been nominated as one of the best reporters in the state.

I wasn't really expecting it. In my three years here in Lexington, I haven't gotten an AP nominations. This year, I got three, and got one of the biggest.


Three people were nominated and they will announce who came in first, second and third at the end of May.

Regardless, I'm pretty happy about it. Maybe it's a sign of things to come.

Here are links to the entries.

Continuing Coverage
Public Affairs
Best Reporter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I don't know anyone more deserving of all three of those awards. Seriously, your support for others is always first on your list of priorities. And, you are one hell of a reporter. You always made me feel like I wasn't working hard enough because you work the phones and stay on people like it's your job to kickass. And you do kick ass.

I am so excited for you. YAY!!!!

Jaimie said...

Thanks Travis! Ya know you're part of that continuing coverage award all-star!