3.07.2011

Say Something Nice

I admit when I go out to run errands, when it's the weekend and I have no where to be, I look pretty scrubby. I tend not to do my hair, or wear my contacts and I definitely don't put on make-up.

The benefit to this is people don't recognize me. I'm not saying I'm some celebrity who can't go out without being bothered, but if people who watch LEX 18 recognize me, they will say, hey you're the news lady! I don't mind it, but it can be awkward. What do you say back, hey you're the stranger in the grocery yelling at me?

Sunday, my plan didn't work. I was at Meijer when I man came through the aisle and said, hey, you're Jaimie Weiss. I said yes. He told me he was an attorney and told me I did a good job covering a recent murder trial. Though I looked disgusting, how nice was it of him to take a minute to tell me he thinks I'm doing a good job. It's people like him that reaffirm what I do.

So thank you, stranger in the grocery store. If we all take more of an effort to do just the simplest, kindest acts, we would all be better people, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea! It really is the simple things that can make or break someone's day. Thank you for making my life better with all your comments on my blog :)