7.19.2008

I'm Exhausted

I'm not sure why I'm so tired. Maybe it's the heat. It got up to 93 today, the heat index is at least 100 and I have to work in it. It wears a girl out.

Maybe it's because Greg's here and we have no time to do anything together. We did get up early for a some shopping at the Farmers Market. We also had time to cook some bison burgers, corn and mashed potatoes for lunch, but that's about all we got. It would have been a perfect summer day to enjoy together, but we're not that lucky.

The best part of my day was when Brett's "care package" arrived, which included the new Coldplay CD Viva La Vida. Coldplay is definitely a soundtrack for life. I've loved them since high school when Parachutes came out.

Senior year for my 18th birthday Mike Leppelmeier decorated my locker with lyrics from Yellow.

"Look at the stars
look how they shine for you
and everything you do"

Rush of Blood to the Head was wonderful as well. Scientist topped all the songs. The lyrics got me through many an emotional teenage night.

"Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard"

X and Y was their last CD. A great follow up. It took some time for me to warm up to it, but it's now my favorite. Fix You was the best song on that CD.

"When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse."

The summer before senior year Brett, Riehle and I bought some inexpensive lawn seats to see them live at Polaris. It was a great concert. They really put on a great show with a mix of lights and music. They're on tour right now. There are no dates anywhere close to Kentucky, but do have a concert in Cleveland October 21st. Greg and I will be up there for my niece's/nephew's baptism. We've talked about going, but it's technically supposed to be the night we leave Cleveland. The total cost for tickets would be near 200 dollars which is another factor.

For now I will just enjoy the CD, courtesy Brett Bynane who was kind enough to mail me a copy. It is now official. I will forever associate Coldplay with him.

Brett and I became friends by chance. He met Ann Mosack while at OU. Ann and I were friends in high school. I ran into the two at a party one night sophmore year. I didn't think twice, until I noticed him at WOUB the Monday after. It threw him off when I abruptly went up to him to tell him he was friends with Ann. We've been friends ever since, through all the memories of OU and WOUB. Some of the best are with Brett. Whether it was Mike DeWine, midnight trips to Wal-Mart or election coverage, he was a wonderful friend to have and still is, even though we live on opposite sides of the country. It's one of those friendships that no matter where you are or what you're doing, there will always be something in common.

I was lucky enough to go visit him two years ago (I can't believe it's been that long already) and I hope Greg and I get to do a road trip down the coast of California next April so I can visit again.

No comments: