My mom, and anyone who truly knows me, will find it hard to believe, but I'm slowly becoming an organized person. Slowly.
I've spent the day purging. It's not something I've ever done. When I graduated college I left some things behind, but I've never actually gone through my closet and purged my clothes. It feels good.
I donated six stuffed garbage bags to Goodwill. All of it probably three years old or more. I found the sweater I wore the night of my 21st birthday, A shirt I bought in high school, and many of the suits and dress shirts I wore when I first started working at WOUB. It was time for it to go.
I wish I could have donated some of it to Dress for Success. It's a charity organization that helps women dress for job interviews who may not be able to afford it otherwise. I looked it up online, but their only office in Kentucky is in Louisville and they only take things by appointment. I don't know the next time I'll be in Louisville and I can't afford a few bags of clothes laying around.
(Of course I then stopped at Macy's to use a 20 percent off coupon and bought a couple pairs of pants, but at least I have the room for them now!)
I think my problem is I'm tired of living in tiny apartments. If it starts to get too messy in here I start to feel claustrophobic and depressed. I can't stand it really. It's never something that's bothered me before now, but if I don't clean and vacuum at least once a week, it starts to get stuffy.
I guess it's just another side effect of being 25...and being an adult.
No comments:
Post a Comment