11.12.2008

Clam Bake

I got a rare weekend of Saturday and Sunday and was able to travel home for our annual family clam bake.

(There would be pictures, but my camera is shot, so until I buy a new one, the words will have to do.)

It's ironic, or just plain weird, that I acutally enjoyed the clam bake. I hate seafood. I hate the smell of seafood. However, it's been a tradition since I've been around. It was usually incorporated into my birthday since I was born in the fall, which is why I enjoy it so much, now. I hated it when I was younger, but now it's a piece of nostaliga for me. It makes me think of all my childhood birthdays.



It was also a great chance to see all my family. I won't really get to celebrate any holidays this year, much less see any of my family, this was my time to celebrate and enjoy the company.

No comments: