4.21.2009

One Year Anniversary

Today marks one year since I started working in Lexington. To celebrate, I am off for the next five days!

I am on furlough or Mulahoola as some of my managers call it. That's the way they pronounce the acronym for Mandatory Unpaid Leave of Absence. I'm not sure that's how it's pronounced, but they like to say it.

I'm taking Daisy to the vet in the morning then heading over to Louisville for part of my time off. Wednesday night I plan to buy my hat and dress for the Kentucky Derby. Unfortunately I don't actually get to go to Churchill Downs, but am covering the event from Keeneland. I think it'll be alright. I only have to do a few live shots, I still get free food, get to dress up and watch the race. Plus, I'll be in town when I'm done with work, rather than having to wait to get out of Louisville.

Thursday I'm dragging Greg to see This American Life Live. I'm super excited. It's my favorite NPR program and for one night only they are doing a live stage version and sending it via satellite to select movie theaters, including the theater Greg and I usually go to near his apartment. I'm super excited.

Friday we may try to make a stop at Hubers, then are heading to Evansville after Greg gets off work. Saturday we along with Greg's sister and brother in law are going to St. Louis for the Cubs/Cardinals game. We're staying overnight and hope go to the Arch and Anheuser Busch before we leave. It's supposed to be 80 and sunny. It's perfect weather for baseball, so it's going to be a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Brian Gilbert said...

The arch shakes. I was scared. BEWARE!