I'm making the most of these furlough days. For the latest round I went home for my three day weekend. I haven't been home since before Christmas. I was really holding out for a weekend Greg and I could go together, because he hasn't been up to my home since October, but it looks like I'll never get off weekends, so I had to give in and go alone.
There were many perks to this visit home. I got to celebrate a few Easter traditions including honey bunny bread, picking up my Easter corsage and getting an Easter basket. I also got to visit with my Grandpa for an evening which was nice. He sent me an Easter card and I actually got to thank him in person, which rarely happens.
I also got back into a workout routine. I've been lazy the last month because of all the work I've been doing on the condo, so going home gave me a chance to get back into getting in shape.
Mom and I also took a trip to the West Side Market. I try to stop there every time I'm home to pick up some goodies I can only get in Cleveland, including Ohio City Pasta and pierogis. I stocked up as much as I could, but I'm sure I'll eat it all too quick!
Of course the highlight of the trip was Connor. Not only seeing him and spending sometime with him, but I got to go with him for his first visit to the Easter Bunny.

When I was home last he couldn't even sit up on his own. Now he's crawling,
laughing, almost eating real people food,
etc, etc. I think he's the cutest baby in the world.
I'm glad I got the extra day to enjoy it all. I've already scheduled vacation days for August for Connor's first birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment