I spent the day hanging pictures and blinds and other odds and ends.
My biggest accomplishment, though, was finishing the upstairs bathroom. I had to clean it out paint it, etc.
It already came in the fabulous orange color and I was in no mood to paint a bathroom. Instead I added the stripes in the hopes it would calm down the neon walls. That was tough. The first time I painted them I didn't press the painters tape down well enough so it bleed through. It looked like poo. This morning I had to extend the edges, re-tape and repaint, but I think it worked out. I also found a cute stripped carpet at Target. The whole thing went well with prints I already had from my trip to Miami last year. It's a design I would pick if I had a blank slate, but I like it.
Down the road I want to paint the spare bedroom, get window boxes for the deck to grow herbs and leafy greens, and change the lighting in the kitchen. I also need to get a new television. I don't have the money for that right now and I have put a good month worth of work into this place, so for now this is it. It really does feel like home and is the best place I've lived since I moved out of my parents house.
No comments:
Post a Comment