I've been going balls to the wall when it comes to planning in all that time. We have a venue, a photographer, a church, a DJ, but right now no one to marry us. It's taken its toll on both of us over the last few days. I'm currently waiting for a phone call from my fiance with some good news, that the pastor of his childhood church in Evansville will preform the ceremony. Hurry up and wait as they say. It's never a cliche I've liked.Despite all the stress right now, the last two weeks have been the happiest I can remember. This month marks four years since Greg and I started dating. Neither of us went into it with any expectations, which I think is what kept us together until we realized how much we really liked each other. I still remember that first day. We were both attending a conference and knew of each other, but had no relationship. At one point, sitting behind him, it was like I was hit with something and thought, who is that? I want to know more about him. From that day on we were inseparable. Even if we tried we couldn't get away from each other. We lived across the street from each other, worked at competing stations and even when we tried to spend time apart, we would end up assigned to the same stories.
Six months later we both made the decision to put our careers first. He moved to Louisville and I stayed in Evansville. After a year of trying to get in the same city, I found a job in Lexington and we've been 80 miles apart since.
It's been a trying time, but we've worked through it and on December 19, 2010 Greg asked me to marry him. We were getting ready to head from Louisville to Evansville to have Christmas with his family. As I was turning to get in the car, he came over and said I have something to ask you before we leave and I saw him holding a box and thought to myself oh my god, he's proposing. When he opened it, I thought the ring was fake. (It was not).

He took my hand and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I started to back up, shaking, crying and screaming, "what are you doing? are you serious?" He basically had to force me to say yes and put on the ring because I was so shocked.
The best part, in my opinion, was learning that he had driven 10 hours round trip back in November to ask my parents. He just showed up on their doorstep, unannounced. He spent the night and drove back to work in the morning.
Breaking News: Greg just called and we have a priest! Father Gene Schroeder who is pastor at the church where Greg grew up. We are both relieved and excited to say the least.
Exactly 10 months from Saturday, October 8, 2011 we will be married at The Cathedral of the Assumption in Louisville, Kentucky (with a kick ass party to follow!)
2 comments:
This is AWESOME! Congrats Jaimie. And, I love that there's a breaking news update in this entry. Such a reporter. HAHA.
Travis
Well of course! I only know how to write in one style! ;)
Post a Comment