4.03.2011

Solid or Striped? Square or Round?

Our gift registry is done. Four hours over two days, I think we have everything we need and many things we don't. The weirdest part about it is that we don't know where any of the crap will go. The pots and pans, the blankets and the sheets, the wine glasses and panini maker all have no home. I have a home. Greg has a home, but we don't know when or where we will have a place together. If it were up to us, we would buy a place right now with a big back yard and a gas stove. The weather has finally broke around here. It's 65 and sunny. We've taken walks with the dogs and enjoyed the sunshine this weekend. The whole time Greg talks about how he'd love to get out and cut the lawn, work in the yard. If only we had one. Me, I want to cook on a nice stove. I will not buy a home with an electric oven. We're two odd balls, eh? Mowing the lawn, using gas stoves? I only wish everything else would fall into place so we could make that happen. In the meantime, we'll enjoy the fun parts of getting married, like figuring out what color bedding we want and having our wedding announcement in the paper the same weekend as my older sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your sister are both getting married?! Busy family! Sounds like things are going well. You all are going to have a great family. I'm excited to hear where home is...