Mine was a bit of a waste of money because the day after I spent hour in the water and the manicure came off. The pedicure didn't last long either. Christy's stayed on though. She just wanted something similar and picked a nude color, but the manicurist objected and she got the french manicure instead. They did not charge me extra either, so it worked out perfect.After a break for lunch, Christy has an appointment to get her hair done. A few of us got together and got her an appointment for hair and makeup for her shower gift.
The ceremony was at 3. The groom and the guests had to wait in the wedding office while Christy had to wait on her own.
The first dance, cutting the cake, a toast and the throwing of the bouquet and the garter. Lucky for me, Greg and I were the only single people in attendance so we got both!
We also had some snacks and drinks. Our bartender introduced us to the coconut rum and pineapple cocktail which I think may be both mine and Greg's favorite. He also offered some entertainment with an oversized Barack Obama watch. Many in the group were Republicans and took to talking politics with the young Jamaican. After the reception we went over to the private island for thai food. It was really good. The best was the green curry pork, which I am going to try and make some for dinner tomorrow night.
The whole thing was short, sweet and fun. The just got the basic wedding, which is free when you stay at the resort for 7 days.
Nick and Christy started dating three and half years ago, a few weeks after I moved to Evansville. They met during a going away party for a former Fox 7 producer, which was the first time I ever went out in Evansville. Christy and I have been friends ever since and have shared all the ups and downs of our relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment