There's a different way of life in Jamaica and it is perfect for a relaxing vacation. They are never in a rush. There is no hurry. Nothing is a problem. It's pretty much a 180 from the way I live, so it took a few days to get in the rhythm, but a few days into the vacation I found it.
Travelling to the island seemed like it took forever. An hour plane ride from Lexington to Memphis with a 30 minute delay, an hour lay over then a three hour plane ride from Memphis to Montego Bay. I think we were just anxious to get there, but once we arrived the long morning didn't matter.
There were some glitches in our arrival too. When we got to the hotel our room wasn't ready. They told us to eat lunch and it would be ready in 10 minutes. About an hour and a half later our room still wasn't ready and thanks to a call from the bride they upgraded our room. We were grateful.
I woke up every morning between 7 and 8 a.m. and walked outside right into paradise.
When I woke up my first day back to get ready for work, for a second I thought I could just walk outside and smell the ocean breeze. It was a rude awakening.
The scenery made up for some of the issues wit the room. We did have a roach problem, but they took care of it immediately. Apparently there were a few guys living in our bathroom drain. Gross!
I have never done a group vacation before and didn't know what to expect, but it was a really great time and I'd love to do one again. We travelled with the bride and groom, Christy and Nick.
Christy and I used to work together at Fox. Nick's brother Nate and his wife Jackie were also there.
Jackie was an anchor at Fox and set up Nick and Christy. Finally we were joined by Nick and Nate's parents Deb and Brian and Jackie's parents Mary Jo and Tim. 
Jackie was an anchor at Fox and set up Nick and Christy. Finally we were joined by Nick and Nate's parents Deb and Brian and Jackie's parents Mary Jo and Tim. 
We spent the mornings and afternoons each doing different activities and at night we always gathered for dinner. After dinner we participated in some of the resort activities,
but after an hour or so would end up back in the pool outside our rooms.
We stayed at the Sandal's Royal Caribbean for five days, mine and Greg's longest vacation to date. I still wasn't long enough, but this Jamaican way of life really makes getting through hurried and stressful days back in Kentucky a little easier.
No worries, Mon.
2 comments:
i love those pics!! i remember going for walks with christy and talking about nick when they were brand new. it's crazy how much time goes by. eric and i had a cheaper wedding and spent our money on a sandals resort in antigua for our honeymoon and it really is paradise!! i'm glad you had a safe and happy trip..
Glad you had a nice, relaxing time! Thoughts of those blue waters seem to stay with you for a little while after you leave and help you get through the daily grind. Keep thinking warm, breezy thoughts!
Post a Comment