Two of the coolest things I got to experience in Jamaica: Snorkeling and the Canopy Tour.
We signed up for the Canopy Tour a few months before we left. I wanted to do something outside of the resort and I'm glad we paid the extra money for it.
We travelled about an hour outside the resort into the mountains of Jamaica. It gave us a chance to see and learn a bit more about Montego Bay. The resort was just outside the city near the airport, so on the drive over we actually got to see the Bay.

The tour site was on an Orange plantation that has been around for hundreds of years. Back in the 1800s slaves were the primary workers and there were still graves and old shacks on the property from that time.
Only Greg,
Christy and I took part and we each had a great time.
There were seven different lines.

You basically strapped in picked up your feet and went on your way.

It was a little scary at first, but as long a I didn't look down, I was fine. I even braved grabbing my camera for one of the runs.
It was a once and a lifetime experience I am so glad I got to do.

Snorkeling was nearly as cool. This was part of the free activities at the resort. All ten of us on the trip took part which made it pretty cool. We took a glass bottom boat out a few miles to check out the fish and coral.
I've never done anything like it before and loved every minute. The colors were kind of dull but there was a lot of coral and a decent amount of fish. They were a little too far down for my camera to get on film.
As much as I loved being out in the water, it was bit choppy that day and when I finally got my mask and fins off I was feeling really motion sick.
They told me to stare at the land the whole ride back and after getting on solid land for about an hour I felt better.
It's so nice to experience new things. So often we get wrapped up in routines, we forget how much there is out there to take part in.
No comments:
Post a Comment