5.23.2011

Another Honor...

...Well two really.

Look at me with my awards!

Ha! Saturday night I received two Kentucky Associated Press awards. I got a second place in the Best Reporter category and a First Place for Public Affairs reporting.

If you want to watch what I did that is so wonderful: Click Here and Click Here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm honored. It's fun to be recognized, but the AP awards are a strange animal. There really is no rhyme or reason to who wins and who doesn't. The entries are judged by peers in a different markets. This year, broadcasters in Oregon judged our work. You just never know what they think is interesting or well done and what they don't.

It's the first I've been nominated or won an AP award. Honestly, I always wanted to. While working in Evansville, it wasn't an option because we didn't subscribe to AP. My first year in Lexington I just didn't think anything was worthy. Last year, it appears nothing I did was worthy of being nominated. My real hope is that these awards are precursor of what's to come with the Emmy nominations. I got one of those last year, and right now, I don't know what my future is in this business. I'd really like to win one of those if, heaven forbid, my career goes down a different path.

Maybe it means good things for all my co-workers. We had more nominations than any other station and took home six first place awards, more than any other station.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOT! You deserve it. Congrats. And, TAKE THAT to all those people I'm talking about, but not going to name names.