5.30.2011

To Mr. And Mrs. Manley

I had a wonderful four day weekend at home full of wedding fun with my sister Stefanie and her new husband Dave. After a year and a half engagement the two tied the knot this weekend in Cleveland. I was so happy to be there to celebrate with them. Dave is a wonderful guy who I know will take good care of my sister.

There were many highlights of the weekend, including watching the two most adorable ring bearers make it down the aisle without a problem.

The wedding went really well and we had a great time driving around Cleveland taking photo. It included stops in Downtown Willoughby, at Progressive Field and a roof top terrace to get shots with the skyline in the background.

The best may have been right before the reception when the wedding party headed outside for some ribs. The reception was at Windows on the River in Downtown and the Rib Cook off was going on in the parking lot. We got a good helping of ribs that were delicious! I can't wait to see how all the professional pictures turn out.

Greg was there for the weekend and his parents made it up too, which was great. They've never been to Cleveland. I think they had a great time and I'm glad they got to get a little taste of where I grew up.

I will miss not getting married in the same church as my sisters. Though it's not necessarily the church I grew up in (they built a new one in 2002 when I was in college), I will be the only one of the three not following the tradition. However, everyone tells us they are very excited to come to Louisville in the fall, many for the first time, for mine and Greg's ceremony. The thought made this weekend's wedding that much more emotional. We will be walking down the aisle in a little more than four months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all looked awesome.

Your family is so busy this year!

I'm excited because I just found out I get to come home for my little sister's wedding in August...trying to swing a trip to Kentucky during the time I'm in the U.S.

Jaimie said...

So happy you get to be there for your sister! I have to think that will be the perfect break for you. Wish you were around in October too ;)