The sight immediately made me think of my grandparents. The sound of those birds always makes me think of my Grandparents house. Not sure why, but it seems like they always had the sounds of mourning doves cooing in their yard. I believe they were the ones who first told me that sound means it's going to rain. Sure enough, it was a very rainy day.
I am one to take moments like these as a sign. After doing a little research, the mourning dove specifically is considered a very religious symbol. Consensus is they are a sign of hope and peace.
I sure hope so because I've lost about all the peace and hope I can muster and I can sure use a lot more, so if I can get it from the birds, I'll take it.
1 comment:
Sending peace and hope your way. It's tough. I think we all feel like we've lost those two things at one time or another. I'm searching for it too...so if you could direct those birds to Cambodia, I'd appreciate it.
Post a Comment