I really just wanted to have a weekend to relax, but now that all is said and done, it was pretty relaxing.I don't know if was because the weather was nice, or we have more staff, but it wasn't hectic this year.
My assignment was outside the gates so I tried to find different stories, heading to different parts of town about things that were going on WAY outside the gates, rather than just in the parking lot. Because of that, I went to a charity brunch hosted by Guy Fieri, Food Network star, and got an exclusive interview. I'd say that's pretty fun.Watching the races are always the highlight.
There's something about being part of 134 thousand people who all come together to cheer on 19 horses. All those thousands are all focused on one thing. It gives you chills.While it won't be with LEX 18, I do hope I will make it to Derby 138.
1 comment:
You all looked awesome!
Post a Comment