6.21.2011

I'm Ready

Three months is still too long to wait to get married. A nine month engagement isn't all that long, but I'm ready. I was ready a year ago.

Luckily for me, we are getting close. My first of two wedding showers is this weekend. Our pre-marriage class is done, invitations are ordered. Most of the big details are taken care of, minus readings and music for the ceremony. So far, though the best part of the wedding planning was Monday. We met with our photographers for engagement photos. I can deny it all I want, but I spend my life in front of a camera and I guess I'm a bit of a ham. I loved it! The pictures turned out great. I'll get the entire set in about two weeks, but the photographer posted a preview you can check out here.

For two hours we went around downtown Lexington and Waveland museum snapping shots. It went amazingly fast and Greg was a very good sport. I know I've warmed him up over the last four plus years always taken pictures, but he seemed to enjoy himself. If he didn't, he did a good job faking it. :)

My favorite is the black and white photo where we're sitting on the bench at Waveland and Greg is kissing my forehead. My second photo is the high angle in front of the fence that they shot on top of the parking garage in downtown Lexington.

There are still a lot of little life details to work out in the next three months so that we can have our life together, but I have faith they will all happen exactly the way they should and in no time we will quickly forget all the struggle we've had being apart.

No comments: