117 days. Three months and two weeks. I'm beginning to think there's less time than I think until I become a Mrs.
That means it's back to business. I was a bride on the go for the first few months after the engagement. That fell off once I, one, got the necessities done and two, had to start concentrating on the personal and professional aspects of getting married and moving to a new city. Well, I've done what I can, for now in that area and the time is a ticking when it comes to the wedding, so back to the nitty gritty.
First up was our pre-cana class. It's a requirement in the Catholic church. Without issue, Greg and I got our certificate this weekend. It was a one day, all day seminar talking about religion, communication, family planning, family history and finances. I liked it. I think we both got a lot out of it. Although Greg will tell you by about hour seven he was getting restless and antsy. It's a lot to take in for one day.
My favorite moment of the day was when we played agree/disagree. We had to sit back to back while they asked questions. We held up a red card if we disagreed with the statement and green cards if we agreed with the statement. At one point they asked something along the lines of 'love is the only thing that matters'. Everyone held up red, except one other girl, and me and Greg.
The therapists who were conducting the sessions questioned the other girl about why she answered that way and acted as if it was the wrong answer. I guess in the true sense of the question, it's a silly thing to believe, but for Greg and I, right now that's our focus. We've been dealing with, and continue to deal with, a lot of stress when it comes to getting our life together. It's taken it's toll, but we've finally come to the point that we are doing everything we can and we just have to remember we are doing it so we can be together and will love each other regardless of all the other ups and downs.
I guess it's kind of cheesy, but if there's one thing the day long sessions made me realize nine times out of ten we are on the same page without really trying. I hope it's something about us that lasts for a long time.
Next up: wedding shower number one of two...
No comments:
Post a Comment