6.29.2011

Shower Me with...

A true sign there's an impending wedding, a shower.
My first (of two) was Sunday in Evansville. It was one of those moments that reminded me how my life will change. I'm gaining a lot of family. In theory, I've always known that. Greg has a great extended family. I've been lucky to spend a lot of time with them having lived in Evansville for awhile, but this weekend was the first time it hit me, they now become my family too. I will be sharing their name.

My friend Christy, future mother and sister in law did a great job planning the backyard gathering. Since I am lucky enough to get two showers, because my family and friends are spread out across the country, I wanted one that was more low-key and homey.


Even my mom, one of my sister's and one of my nephew's made the trip down. I know it was an exhausting weekend for them, but I was so glad they could be there. I took advantage of their visit, getting my dress altered, attending church where we're getting married and taking them to eat at our rehearsal dinner location. They don't get to participate with much of the planning, so I was so glad to share with them so many aspects of the event in just two short days.

They also got to see many of the cool things Greg and I now have. We got a lot of great gifts. One of the best may have been a quilt from Greg's Grandma. She's been quilting for decades and whenever a grandchild gets married, they get to pick out a quilt. Let me tell you, these are some pretty impressive blankets, with great patch work and embroidering. Greg and I agreed on a pick and blue one with flower designs. I feel lucky to participate in the tradition.
It's exciting to have so many great, new items. Dishes, pots and pans, silverware, etc. It's an understatement to say we both can't wait to get them in a place of our own. Everyday we pray that will happen soon.

2 comments:

Lindsay and Johann Gebauer said...

It WILL happen! :0) You guys are blessed to have so many people that love you. Can't wait to help celebrate in October!

Jaimie said...

Thanks Lindsay! Hope we get to see you in August too! :)