Overall, today was 99.9 percent successful. Greg and I are still both off work for our "honeymoon", so what else would we do today other than get down to work on the house. Goal number one, finish the master bedroom floors. Greg already pulled up the carpet. All that's left is to remove the paint splatter, sand and stain. It took eight hours just to get to that last step. Greg did most of the work and I have to say I'm impressed and proud to call him my husband.
Before
After
The day would have been 100 percent successful, if it weren't for the water we found soaked into the wood in the corner of the room. There are two corners that have some water damage. We thought it was just from an old problem that had been patched, we could fix the damage to the floors and be on our way. Not quite. Greg noticed one corner was wet. Wah. Wah. What should we do now? We're not sure. The gutters are clogged with leaves. We cleaned out one section that had dirt that's been composting for at least two years. Our hope is that once we clean those gutters the problem won't exist anymore. One step at a time I guess.
What was 100 percent successful today: me and Greg. Spending a full day trying to finish wood floors can easily lead to arguments. I can say that there is no one else I would want to be semi-renovating a house with. I am impatient and overzealous. Greg is dramatic and cautious. We really balance each other out in our own special way.
What we did accomplish today has now made us both very excited to get the heavy duty work over with and start the fun decorating stuff. Thank God we have very generous family and friends who have provided us with a good chunk of funds ( aka wedding gifts) for these projects. Although, if we keep running into problems like the water today's issue we may not have any money left for the fun stuff.
1 comment:
It looks like work, but fun work. Those floors look awesome. Greg's the man!
Post a Comment