10.04.2011

Thanks for the reminder

I logged onto my Macy's registry this morning to see if I needed to add any last minute items, and the first thing that hit me was the countdown. Four days. What?? That's it?

As each day disappears I can feel my chest get a little tighter, my nerves get a little more jittery. Everything is done. In fact, Greg is leaving town tonight to head home for a few days. His final as a single man and he could not miss the West Side Nut Club Fall Festival, even for his wedding. I got everything I could done this weekend, favors, table numbers, divided out tips, the list goes on, so some time just to myself may be nice.

Perhaps it will ease my mind. Needless to say, I'm feeling about every emotion possible. I can put it all aside until it's time to go to sleep. That's when the dreams, or nightmares start. Last night, the nightmare woke me up when I started picturing a car driving full speed and splitting my dog in half, killing her. Nice, right? They are usually a little more mundane, like my aunt decided she didn't want to participate or come to the wedding or we did the whole ceremony got to the reception and someone asked to see our rings, but we had failed to even exchange them.

It all just means that I am ready. What we'll do after Saturday, I'm not really sure. What I do know is that I feel now more than ever that the world is at my fingertips. Whatever I want, it's mine. Whatever we want, it's ours. Me and Greg against the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got your wedding invitation today! Just in the nick of time! I'm thinking about you and Greg this entire weekend. I can't wait to see the pics. Cheers and congrats!

Jaimie said...

Yay! Was wondering if you would ever get it...but next time if you can get your RSVP in by the requested date it would be very helpful! ;)