10.16.2011

You can't do it alone

Which is why Greg and I were very grateful for his parents surprise visit Saturday. Suddenly the work Greg and I are doing on our own pales in comparison to what Kenny and Susie were able to help with. Susie spent the entire day in the kitchen, cleaning out the cabinets, washing all our new dishes and organizing. It's work I honestly would have just shrugged off by the time I got around to it.



Kenny did anything and everything, include find out where the water was leaking in onto our hardwood floors in the master bedroom.


Greg spent the day helping his dad, while I painted the family room. I also made some extra purchases at the grocery store to spice up the front stoop. Despite all the work we got done Saturday, there was even more Sunday. I finished painting and both Greg and I stained the bedroom floor. We still have a couple coats of polyurethane and some pantry shelves to get done, then we will be ready to move in all our stuff. I'm not looking forward to any of it really. Can't I just blink my eyes and the home will look like it's featured in a magazine? No you say? I wish someone could really explain to you how much work it is to be an adult. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but I get so caught up in wanting to be an adult that I'm beginning to think I've sucked out all the fun.


On that note, I'm putting fun at the bottom of my to-do-list. I hope to get to it by the end of the year.

No comments: