3.17.2009

No More Peace and Quiet

I currently have three industrial fans and two humidifiers running in my home. At least one in each rooms. I have yet to turn on the television because I know I will not be able to watch it with a normal volume level.

The good news is, things are moving along in the dishwasher disaster cleanup process. I have filed a claim with my insurance company, gotten through the insurance company for the people who I bought the dishwasher from and done an interview with their adjuster. The restoration company has also paid a visit, hence the fans. They say the damage isn't too terrible. Mold shouldn't be a problem because they got the water extracted and as long as the air circulates (for one to three days) everything should dry out.

The next step is getting someone in here to patch the ceiling and the walls. My brand new carpet should be okay. My brand new laminate floors should be ok.

Most of the damage was in the master bedroom closet. The whole carpet was soaked inside and along the edges. The spare bedroom closet had some damage to the walls and the carpet inside. The cabinets upstairs as well as part of the laminate floor also had damage.

Luckily I got some of the water out last night




and some of it filled up in the cover to the light in the closet.



I also have to say I am lucky that my boss allowed me the day off. He could have said no, with it being sweeps, but was understanding last night. They did tell me I would have to take a vacation day, but when I sent a thank you email explaining everything and everyone I've had to deal with today, they let me know I could work Thursday to make up for it. I had to do rearrange some appointments I made that day, but it all works out.


As Dad always says, I'm learning a lot.

1 comment:

quartermom said...

im so proud of you! you little homeowner all by yourself taking charge on this junk. what a mess eh?
when we moved into our home, the first thing we had was our roof leaked in our breezeway. scary nightmare. I finally got the guy who sold us the house to fix it but a year later i'm still screaming for him to redo the roof b/c he had some crook do it. we live and learn don't we. i'm so happy you found me on here!look forward to keeping in touch on the blogosphere