3.06.2009

"You're Doing all this by Yourself?"

It's all I hear anyone is kind enough to stop by the condo to help me with the "renovation." Yes, I'm doing it by myself. The fixing up part at least. Really, it's not that much. It could be worse.

I'm almost done painting the walls. The appliances are in, minus a few minor adjustments to get the fridge to fit. The maintenance guy comes tomorrow to fix all the tiny things. The carpet is stripped from the basement. The cable is installed. I hope to get the flooring in next week and move in by Friday. I still need to find a mover.

Greg helped a ton this morning. It was his turn to come into two for the evening and it was a God send (except when he broke my kitchen light, which I know have to replace erlier than anticipated ;)). He did all the carpet and helped me move the ladder to paint in some of the hard to reach places. He also offered a wonderful break Thursday night. We ordered pizza and rented Changeling, which is a great movie. The relaxing evening helped me get through the 12 hours I spent working in the new place.

Jackie also helped get some of the priming done before she went into work Thursday evening. It was a huge help and nice to have company to get things started.

My whole body is sore. I don't have time to workout, which is fine because I'm getting enough workout. My shins have two giacantic, fresh orange and yellow brusies on them from leaning on the ladder and my hands and arms are covered in paint.




Daisy is adjusting too. She just hates laying on the floor all the time. She won't be happy until "her" bed is there to cuddle up on.


The tough thing to think about is finishing packing the apartment, which is started, but no where near done. However, I'm getting enough done to start getting excited about the really fun part...moving in and decorating!

Can't wait to get the floors in so it will really feel like home.

1 comment:

Andy Gilkison said...

Good luck Jaimie.. Just painted my house 1850 sq ft just to rent it out for the Equestrian Games.... Looks like you have your work cut out for you.. belated welcome to Lex....Andy