3.23.2009

Thank God for Girlfriends

I got a rare opportunity to hang out with two of my best girlfriends from college. Lindsay, Alyson and I lived on the same floor Freshman year of college and have been friends ever since. Alyson is a teacher in Columbus and Lindsay is a reporter near Gary, Indiana. I can't remember the last time I hung out with both them.

We all came together in Cincinnati for Lindsay's 25th birthday. Alyson got in Saturday afternoon, but I had to work until 6, so I got there about 8. We got a hotel room downtown and headed out to dinner in Mount Adams. Despite the slow service, it as a nice dinner. We even got Lindsay a free birthday Tiramsu with a candle.

After dinner we went to Mt. Adams Pavilion for dancing and drinks. It was great. We spent all night there.
Just like the days we spent dancing and having fun.



Eventually Johann and Larry came out. The night ended about 3.


I'm so lucky to have these girls as friends. We're all very different but our personalities mesh together well. We basically lived together for a year, so there's not much explaining needed. Even though we all live very different lives in different cities, we're going through a lot of similar life experiences. Talking about the good and the bad with them is refreshing and reassuring. The best part, no matter how tough life might get, talking with them reminds me how far we've come from our time together in college.



I hope we don't go as long next time before we hang out together again. Plus, this visit helps me check off part of my New Year's Resolution, catching up with old friends :)

No comments: