6.29.2009

What a Wonderful Weekend!

Thanks to some schedule shuffling at work, I enjoyed a four day weekend. The main reason was Christy's Bridal Shower/Bachlorette Party.

A good time was had all around and I know it will only be a preview of what is to come at her wedding in Jamaica! Three weeks and counting!

One of the most unique moments of the weekend was Friday. I was off and Greg worked day side, which gave us a chance to go to Downs after Dark. It was so much fun. Churchill Downs is trying to attract new audiences and held three race days at night for their spring meet. We got some media passes and met Sarah and Will.
The place is pretty amazing during the day, but even more breath taking all lit up at night.





I spent most of the night taking pictures and yelling at Greg to stop betting on races and come take more pictures with me. In turn, he got annoyed that I was getting in the way of him losing his money. To his credit he did win 50 dollars on an exacta.

I think I only bet on a few races, but this was my favorite, because the favorite horse was named after Connor! He lost, but it was still fun to bet. The highlight of the night was the photo booth. Churchill rented it out and you could take as many pictures as you want and use a box of props to make them more interesting. Sarah and I both decided the next person who gets married in the country is getting one.








There were thousands of people enjoying the evening with us, but we were lucky enough to be above the crowd rather than in it.

As I say over and over again, I always feel lucky to get nights like Friday, much less a whole four days to catch up with friends. And if you couldn't tell already, Daisy and Greg had a great, relaxing weekend too!

No comments: