I think I've grown more in the last three years in Lexington, both professionally and personally, then during any other chapter in my life. I don't feel like I've got it figured out, but I feel like no matter what happens, I'll be able to figure it out.
Thinking back at the one thing I think I've learned in the last years is how to make mistakes. I'm a people pleaser. I don't mean that in the terms that I feel like I have to have people's approval, but in the way that all my life, I've just wanted to be needed, feel important. I always found myself feeling very anxious if I wasn't doing the best job possible. Though not 100 percent cured, I feel like in the last three years, I've really grown out of that. I've learned to understand that mistakes happen. Especially in a world where there are so many tasks and so much information to deal with in a small time period, errors will happen. I just have to remember to do my best and more importantly when something goes wrong to stay calm, apologize and aim to do better next time. I also need to trust my instincts. More often then not, I know what's best. I've learned ignoring my own opinions will only hurt me in the end.
It's a theory I think will come in handy in the coming months. There will be a lot of new experiences, a lot of adjusting, a lot of learning in the near future. As long as I remember to handle it all with as much grace as I can, I know I will be fine.
2 comments:
I'm going to need to read this blog again sometime. It's a good reminder. And, I'm with you, I felt like I grew the most I'd ever grown in Lexington. GOOD LUCK JAIMIE!!! I hope you keep the blog updated. I want to hear about your new life.
Oh don't you worry, I have to believe the good stuff is yet to come! :)
Post a Comment