7.27.2011

Hope Floats

Today marked my final day at LEX 18. After nearly three and half years, and a day filled with a few gifts from great co-workers and the traditional going away cake, it was time to go. I knew it was coming. I've known this day was coming since April when I decided not to re-sign a contract. After three months of waiting, I was ready.

If there's one thing I can say I've learned during my time in Lexington its that I know I can handle whatever is thrown my way. Whatever happens from here, I'm ready.


I also know I have a lot of support. First and foremost, from my future husband, who was thoughtful enough to wish me well on my final day with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.



My last day in Lexington marks a big change for him too. Not only because we are now jam packed into his tiny apartment,


but because this move was the one we've been waiting years to arrive. It's the one that marks the next chapter for us. It's now officially me and Greg against the world.


I think the saddest part of leaving Lexington was leaving my home. Partially because the two and a half years I lived there is the longest I've lived in any dwelling in the last six years. It was the first place I ever really felt like was a place I felt I belonged and it made my time in Lexington the most comfortable it could be. Mainly though, it was a home my parents went above and beyond to help me get. It's a reminder of how lucky I am to have such a great family who is there for me no matter what.


And now it is once again time to remind myself of my favorite saying that I've used during my many transitions between cities and jobs over the years.


"Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will, too... " - Hope Floats

I can't deny that I do find myself feeling scared. I'm jumping head first into a lot of unknown. A new job, a new city, new marriage. But along with all the support, I have faith it will be good. I have faith that in the end it's taking me down the road I should be traveling. I feel like that the opportunities from here are endless and I will do whatever it takes to take advantage of all those that come my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you JAIMIE!

You are awesome and the next stage of life is going to be amazing.

Looking forward to following all the developments on this blog :)