Go big or go home. It's really the only way I know how to operate. I guess that's why I've been blessed with a new job, a new city and a new marriage all within the next two and a half months. Despite my love for having a lot of activity in my life, right now I feel about 10 percent excitement and 90 percent overwhelmed. I feel like I've balanced it all, but if one thing falls out of whack, I'm going to lose it.
I must slow down, as hard as that will be. Since we'll finally be in the same city that means Greg and I can finally get a house, something, as I've mentioned many times before, we've dreamed of. Well, there's a lot that goes into finding a house. Beside just looking, we have to get all our finances in order. That is something neither of us have ever had to deal with. Of course, my realtor already sent me information on what would be my dream home, a great country house on about 5 acres of land only 20 minutes out of time. The minute I saw it, figuring out if we could get it was all I wanted to do. Then the stress started to set in and I told myself I need to take things one step at a time.
I have a lot more urgent things to get in place before we get a house. The first is getting out of my current home. I am hopefully going to rent it out for a month to make a little extra cash, then we are going to put that on the market. Well packing and cleaning up a house is no small task.
I also have to tie up all the loose ends at my current job and figure out my benefits at my new job. That means Greg and I need to combine our assets. That's on top of all the little wedding things I need to get done, like putting together our ceremony program.
Not to mention all the regular life items like my job and relationships I need to still I have. The list goes on and on.
So, deep breath, the house cleaning is moving along. I'm going to sit down as soon as I feel like I've got that under control and make a list of all the little things I need to get in order before the fun stuff, like finding a house, can start. Hopefully that means in no time everything I need to get done will turn into 90 percent excitement and 10 percent overwhelmed.
1 comment:
That is a lot of stuff. I'm getting stressed just reading about it! But, it'll get less stressful soon, I'm sure. Once you're in Louisville I bet everything will be easier.
Post a Comment