7.12.2011

This is it...

I've put my official notice in at LEX 18. After nearly three and a half years of covering news across Eastern and Central Kentucky, I'm heading to the other side of the state.

July 27th will be my last day and I'm tentatively scheduled to start at WAVE in Louisville August 8 as a weekend morning producer and reporter, two months before the wedding.

It's been a long journey and now that it's winding down, I feel a sense of relief I haven't felt in years. This month marks four and a half years Greg and I have been together. We have been trying to get back to living in the same city for the last four years, when Greg moved to Lousiville.

For all those years, I couldn't get anyone in the city to even look at my work. I thought it would never happen. We waited and waited, but couldn't hold out for a job to happen for us to get married, so Greg finally bought a ring and I had faith that everything would fall in place. Of course being the impatient person I am, I thought it would fall in place right away. No luck. Seven months of planning the wedding, wondering if I made the right decision by not re-signing a contract at WLEX and what seemed like a never ending search for a job it all fell into place like that was the way it was meant to happen.

In the end, I got two offers for work. Though it wasn't an easy decision, I chose what I thought would benefit me, and my future family, down the road.

Though there is relief, there is no break. I've got to pack up my place, put it on the market and Greg and I need to find a house. We aren't rushing that, but there's no way we'll survive in his one bedroom apartment. It's already filling up from our wonderful shower gifts. Once I move some of my boxes and clothes in, I know Greg will be chomping at the bit to get more space.

Really, both of us want a house. We want a place that is ours with a lawn to mow and the dog to run in, a garden in the yard, a grill on the porch. They are all scenarios we dreamed of for at least the year and I'm not sure what we'll do when they actually become a reality in the coming months.

Maybe we'll actually have time to just enjoy each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so freaking excited for you! Dreams do come true. Your ambition and drive are inspiring and it proves hard work pays off.

WOOT!