11.22.2011

An early birthday celebration

In the midst of the holidays, travel and work, Greg will be celebrating his last birthday in the 20s. It falls on Black Friday this year. While he's off Thanksgiving and working the early shift Friday, I'm working evenings Thanksgiving and off on Friday, so I decided to do an early celebration today.

It's one of the perks of working a shift where we get off at one in the afternoon. We get the option to have date nights on a weeknight. So, in honor of his 29th birthday Greg and I went to the Louisville Science Center IMAX theater to check out Tornado Alley. It just opened here. It's already played in Cleveland and we wanted to see it there, but couldn't find the time. As a big weather nerd, I thought it would be a nice treat. After, we headed to a nearby pizza place, Boombozz, to take advantage of their happy hour.

It wasn't anything grand, but in the middle of all our chaos, I'm glad we can find time to just relax and celebrate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got time to relax and blog about relaxing. I was getting stressed just reading about all this house work!