11.29.2011

It's not such a bad place

Thanks to free tickets from a co-worker, Greg and I spent our Monday night at Yum! Arena enjoying a University of Louisville basketball game. They weren't really good seats, but they were free and with nothing else to do on a Monday night, I couldn't have asked for anything better than a basketball game and some beers. It reminded me how much I really like the city of Louisville. I feel like it's just big enough and just small enough. There is a downtown and plenty to do that you would find in any metropolitan city, but there are also dozens of unique neighborhoods with local flavor.

The older I get the more I struggle with not living near my family, or Greg's family. I realize, despite our will, how the trips home or the visits from family will become more difficult with age and other life changes. I often wonder what it would be like to move back to a home I haven't lived near in 10 years. While I would have my family, I'd be leaving any friends from the region I live now. Would I feel any more comfortable?

I just want to enjoy where I am. Last night reminded me of that. It's a good city. I can make a home here, if I stop wondering what if.

No comments: