I didn't want to give up hope on the wallpaper (see previous post) but when the sanding took just as long and caused an even bigger mess, we decided to call in the professionals. Professionals we don't have the money for. Our first quote to get all the wallpaper in the house removed was about $2,000. Just to do the two rooms that are a disaster and the downstairs bathroom is about $1,500. I've called to get more quotes, just to be sure, and had two professionals tell us something the wallpaper just doesn't come off. Great. Thanks.
Adding insult to injury, and yes, I'm too tired to avoid cliches, the house started leaking last night. It rained for about 20 minutes and here came the water...dripping down the family room wall and the basement wall. Needless to say it was our breaking point. I contacted our relator who is helping us figure out what to do from here.
It's more than we anticipated. It's more than we wanted to pay. All our precious wedding gifts are now going to pay for our home improvements. I am still have 100 percent faith that the bleeding has to stop somewhere. Right now, it just never feels like it will.
No comments:
Post a Comment