8.04.2011

Found!

One pair of diamond studs.



I know, they're not very exciting, but I love them and have been missing at least one of the pair for about two years now.


The earrings were a birthday gift from Greg for my 25th birthday. I know some people think giving jewelry as a gift is overrated, but a few pieces here or there from someone who loves you mean a lot to me.

I loved these earrings so much I never took them off. I quickly learned that was a mistake. Not long after receiving them, I woke up one morning to find one of them had disappeared. That followed with a stern lecture from Greg about how I can't take care of nice things.

For the next two years we would find one, then not know where the other was, then find the other and lose the first one. Actually, I think we were just finding the same stud over and over again, but regardless, we had a real fear that the pair would never come together. I still kept hope though and when we came across one of the studs a bout a year back I made sure to put it in my jewelry box.

Today, while clearly out piles and piles of Greg's junk to make room for my things in this apartment, there it was, tucked away in a dresser drawer. The missing earring and VOILA! I had a set of diamond studs again. I now plan to wear them over and over again, but take out of my ears before bed time.

I'll take the timing of their reunion as a sign of good things to come.

No comments: