It's been an interesting two weeks getting used to my new surroundings. I don't know who's having a harder time adjusting, me, Greg or the dog.
It's not like we haven't spent a lot of time together in the same house. We've just never lived in the same house. Strike that, apartment. One bedroom apartment that's been filling with all of Greg's belongings for the last four years. The original thought was that there just wasn't enough room for his stuff, my stuff, our shower gifts and the dog. After days of trying to get everything together, we've learned that's not the case.
When I first came, this place was piled high with boxes from my house, shower gifts and Greg's junk.
I've never been known as a clean person. Apparently, all of that is out of my system because the last two weeks have consisted of organizing, cleaning and putting things in their place. They're rules Greg has never lived by and I think my endless nagging of telling him to put this away, clean that up, we need to do this, we need to do that built up. But, we came together and spent hours this weekend cleaning. Honestly, this place is cleaner than it was before I moved all my junk in. Of course we'd love more space, but I think we're finally in a rhythm. Even the bathroom is staying clean. We cook and eat dinner together, make our lunches, do dishes and relax in the evenings.
I'm sure once we find a house, we'll find more stress trying to pack up, move out, then move back in somewhere else and unpack, but I feel like we've made it through our first big trial, getting an apartment organized enough for us to co-exist.
No comments:
Post a Comment